You guys know me and how much I love my easy meals. Well it just doesn’t get any easier than this one. These chicken and black bean enchiladas stuffed with melty cheese, fresh spinach, tender chicken and just the right amount of sauce makes this flavorful, healthy meal one you’ll be making weekly!
All of the ingredients for this are from Trader Joe’s, too, cause you all know how much I love TJ’s!
Chicken + Black Bean Enchiladas
Author: The Happy Hungry Yogi
Yields: about 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 8 low carb tortillas
- 1 large chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 c black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 large handfuls spinach
- 2 c shredded cheese (any kind will work- I used grass-fed mozzarella)
- 1 1/2 c enchilada sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Lightly spray an oven-safe casserole dish and set aside.
- Place the shredded chicken in a large bowl and add in two tablespoons of the enchilada sauce and the black beans. Mix to combine.
- Create an assembly line by laying out the ingredients; sauce, spinach, chicken bean mixture, and cheese.
- Begin by placing a tortilla on a flat surface. Spread about half of tablespoon worth of sauce down the middle of the tortilla, next add a thin layer of spinach, then a few tablespoons of the chicken black bean mixture, and last about a tablespoon of cheese.
- Carefully roll the tortilla, tucking in the ingredients as you go. Place the rolled up enchiladas seam side down into the prepared pan.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the remaining tortillas.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the top of the enchiladas and then sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes until cheese has melted and the enchiladas are warmed through.
- Allow the enchiladas to cool slightly before serving.
Storing: Enchiladas will last for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.