I may be a little overzealous when there’s peanut butter in the picture. Who can blame me? Peanut butter is just the greatest thing since sliced bread (oh and then combine the two…).
Or, if you skip the bread and toss in a few basic ingredients like chocolate chips, chickpeas and maple syrup you’ve got yourself the best of the best when it comes to a peanut butter dessert. As in the kind of snack you may want to hide from you kids (and probably even your husband). These peanut butter blondies stuffed to the brim with chocolate chips are the perfect sweet treat without the guilt! Using only 7 basic ingredients, these grain-free and vegan blondies make my love for peanut butter grow even deeper. So whip up a batch for a healthy, protein-packed snack and you’ll see that blondies really do have more fun! (Totally had to work that one in somewhere- ha!)
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
Author: The Happy Hungry Yogi
Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake time: 30 minutes
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 c creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c dairy-free chocolate chips + 2 tbsp for the top
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Lightly grease a loaf pan.
- In a blender combine all of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips. Pulse until smooth.
- Fold in the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips then pour the batter into the greased pan and spread out evenly with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the additional 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the pan to cool completely before slicing.
Storing: Blondies will keep for up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge. Or you can freeze for a longer shelf life.