Since so many of you voted on Instagram for me to post this recipe here you go!
I’m all about simple dinners because by the end of the day, generally, I am so wiped out the thought of spending a ton of time in the kitchen over a hot stove and/or oven is menacing. I love how this recipe skips the “hard stuff”, uses only a few basic ingredients and still creates such a hearty and satisfying meal. This one is hit in my house because who doesn’t love a tender on the inside and crunchy on the outside piece of chicken that fills your mouth with a warm garlic butter flavor?! This simple, healthy dish is packed with protein, whole grains and lots of veggies to make any busy weeknight a win!
Baked Cracker Chicken
Author: The Happy Hungry Yogi
Serves: about 4
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 c gluten-free “ritz style” crackers
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt + black pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 c of baby carrots
- 2 c green beans, trimmed
- Preheat your oven to 375F. Lightly spray a casserole dish and set aside.
- Place the crackers in a large ziplock bag and with either the back of a measuring cup or rolling pin crush the crackers (you do not need to crush until fine, various size crumbs are better).
- Place the crumbs into a bowl along with the garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs.
- Trim any excess fat off of the chicken and pat dry.
- Dip a piece of chicken into the egg mixture then into the cracker crumbs. Move around so the piece is completely covered.
- Place the coated chicken onto the prepared baking dish and repeat for the other pieces.
- Arrange the veggies around the sides of the chicken.
- Cut up the butter and place on top of each piece of chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until completely cooked through and crust is a golden brown in color.
- Serve warm over veggies.
Storing: Chicken is best served day of because of the cracker crumb but will last up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.