As much as I’m attached to my savory morning meals I’m also okay with dessert for breakfast…especially when it’s chia pudding topped with all of the things like fresh fruit and naturally colored sprinkles! This little cup comes packed with all the good stuff like muscle building protein, healthy fats and energy providing carbs. So you can be assured your sweet treat is really not just empty calories and an inevitable sugar crash.
It’s so easy to prep these little jars days in advance, too, for an easy breakfast or snack on the go. Plus, the topping options are endless so you can really add on whatever you have on hand! How easy is that?!
This is also a great snack for your little ones! Emerson also LOVES it. I just omit the collagen and divide the recipe into two servings.
Vanilla Chia Pudding
Author: The Happy Hungry Yogi
Prep time: 5 minutes
Set time: 1 hour +
- 1 c unsweetened almond milk (can sub with any dairy-free kind)
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop collagen (optional)
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- topping options: sliced banana, fresh berries, nut butter, natural sprinkles, crushed nuts or seeds, etc.
- In a small sealable jar or container combine all of the ingredients except for the toppings.
- Seal the jar or container and shake well to mix up the ingredients.
- Place in the fridge to thicken up for at least an hour (I usually make the night before so it’s ready for breakfast in the morning/mid morning snack).
- When ready to enjoy give a quick stir and top with all of your favorites. The options are endless!
Storing: These jars will last for up to 3 days in the fridge if kept in an airtight jar or container.