Here we are, I’ve (almost) made another successful trip around the sun. Wahoo! Originally I was thinking about doing a post on my birthday concentrating on being a year older, wiser, less wise (hopefully not the latter), etc., etc. but then I realized I would rather use this space to thank all of you.
I have definitely not spent as much time at The Happy Hungry Yogi as I would have liked to over this past year. You know, life just happens, but it’s still something that I’m so very passionate about. Basically, this blog is me, me all wrapped up in a bunch of pages of yummy food, thoughts and opinions. What better combo could you ask for!?
I’m grateful to be able to be me while creating something that encourages others to lead a healthier, happier lifestyle. If it weren’t for your uplifting remarks, continuous questions about fitness and health, or wonderful reviews on my recipes I wouldn’t feel as though what I set out to do a few years ago was purposeful in this great, wide world. And, because of how much positivity I receive on a daily basis I realize that it is. Each of you inspire me every day to continue to take my love for food and fitness to the next level. A level that I only once dreamed up in a tiny notebook scribbled with ideas. A level that, today, allows me to make a difference, even if ever so small. My purpose, simply, to teach a way, if you will, to be only the healthiest, happiest version of you.
Even though, truth be told, I work just as hard at it as everyone else I can proudly celebrate this week being another year older, another year definitely wiser and another year even stronger. Another year I’m grateful to live a life of purpose, passion and happiness.
So thank you.
Birthday Cake Protein Bites
Author: The Happy Hungry Yogi
Makes: 12 bites
Prep time: 5 minutes
Set time: 1 hour
- 2/3 c vanilla plant-based protein (I used this)
- 2 scoops of Furtherfood Collagen Peptides (use code THEAPPYHUNGRYYOGI10 for a discount!)
- 1/2 c creamy cashew butter
- 3 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of pink sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp rainbow sprinkles
- In a mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients except the sprinkles and mix until you achieve a moldable batter. If it’s still too dry add an additional almond milk by the tablespoon.
- Fold in the sprinkles (the colors may bleed a little which is okay).
- Using your hands roll about one tablespoon worth of batter in between your palms to fork a ball.
- Repeat until all of the batter is used.
- Gently press a few extra sprinkles into the top of each (optional).
- Place the bites in the fridge to set for at least an hour before enjoying.
Storing: I keep these bites in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for up to a week, although they generally don’t last that long! You can also store in the freezer for a longer shelf life just take out and let thaw a bit before enjoying.
Nutrition: (per bite) 85 calories/5g fat/4g carbs/5g protein/1g sugar