I just couldn’t resist a little early reunion with my beloved pumpkin this year. I’ve already eaten a week straight of pumpkin overnight oats. What is it about pumpkin flavored everything?
Although this recipe has been on the blog for sometime I’ve updated the measurement a bit for an even BETTER version as well as made some topping additions…cause toppings always, duh!
Still hanging on to all of the Fall flavors before it’s full on holiday/winter mode? Me too. These pumpkin muffins are the perfect combo for your tastebuds! This little powerhouse snack is packed with all the good for you stuff like banana, pumpkin, grain-free flour, a hint of sweet maple, and lots of cinnamon. You’ll be keeping the Fall flavors alive with this simple treat that is also great to include into your meal prep menu!
Author: The Happy Hungry Yogi
Makes: 12 Muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 25 minutes
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 c pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 tbsp real maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 c grain-free baking flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- topping ideas: dairy-free chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds, walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Lightly grease a muffin pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the banana, eggs, pumpkin, maple syrup, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add in the flour, spices, baking soda, and sea salt and continue to mix by hand until smooth (a few lumps from the mashed banana are okay).
- Fill each muffin well about 3/4 of he way with the batter. Then sprinkle on the toppings.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool slightly before removing from the pan.