Still hanging on to all of the Fall flavors before it’s full on holiday/winter mode? Me too. These chocolate chip pumpkin muffins are the perfect combo for your tastebuds, combining warming cinnamon with pumpkin and some sweet, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate. This little powerhouse snack is packed with all the good for you stuff like flax, coconut oil, banana and pumpkin. You’ll be keeping the Fall flavors alive with this simple treat that is also great to include into your meal prep menu!
No chocolate chips? No problem! You can easily omit and/or substitute with dried cranberries or chopped pecans for a different flavor combo!
Author: The Happy Hungry Yogi
Makes: 12 Muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed, about 1 1/2 c
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 c pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 tbsp real maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c gluten-free baking flour
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- dairy-free chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Lightly grease a muffin pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the banana, eggs, coconut oil, pumpkin and vanilla and mix well.
- Add in the flour, flax, baking soda and spices and continue to mix by hand until smooth (a few lumps from the mashed banana are okay).
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips if using.
- Fill each muffin well about halfway with the batter. Sprinkle a few additional chocolate chips on to each (optional).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from the pan.
- These muffins will last at room temperature but for a longer shelf life refrigerate or freeze.