I know, I know you’re probably thinking that this is just plain, old, nothing fancy banana bread. Well yes, truthfully, it is just banana bread with nothing stuffed inside, no state of the art kitchen gadgets required, just simple, but delicious bread.
And honestly, I’m okay with that.
Like I always say, good food doesn’t have to be complicated. It doesn’t have to require hours in the kitchen. It doesn’t have to result in equal, if not more hours of clean up or time spent searching for the necessary ingredients in every market in town. Like this yummy, flavorful, HEALTHY bread you can achieve kitchen greatness in no time at all with eight simple ingredients you probably already have at home. Like those extra ripe bananas on your countertop begging to be used.
This one bowl banana bread is almond flour based and uses only a hint of maple syrup along with the natural sweetness of the bananas and cinnamon to create a mildly sweet, nutty flavor and texture. This paleo recipe is nothing short of amazing and definitely isn’t just some boring old bread in my opinion. I love to lather up a warm slice with almond butter and sliced banana. It’s the best kind of “just banana bread” you can find!
Paleo Banana Bread
Author: The Happy Hungry Yogi
Makes: 1 loaf
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 45 minutes
- 3 ripe bananas (equaling 1 1/2 c)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 c almond flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- My favorite add-ins (optional): chocolate chips, crushed walnuts, blueberries or crushed pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly spray or grease a 9x5in. loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas using a fork until most of the clumps are removed.
- Add the eggs, maple syrup and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add the almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda and sea salt and mix again until all of the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- If using add-ins fold them into the batter gently.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and tap the pan on a hard surface to level the mixture and remove access air.
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the loaf pan on a wire rack before removing the bread.
- Serve the bread sliced and topped with your favorite nut butter, jam or fresh fruit! Store any leftovers tightly sealed in the fridge or freezer for a longer shelf life.