I’m sure you’re seeing a boat load of recipes flooding your social media feeds for all of these delicious recipes for the upcoming holiday, so what’s one more! These easy, and do I mean EASY, waffle and fruit skewers are the perfect guilt-free, fun, summer breakfast or snack to whip up. I can’t get enough of this waffle and pancake mix by Birchbenders, too. Not only do I love that they make a paleo option but it tastes amazing without all of the added junk that you find in a lot of mixes out there.
This recipe is easily customizable as well. You can sub other kinds of fruit, whatever you have on hand and also toss in add-ins to your waffle mix like dairy-free chocolate chips (what’s a little more chocolate), coconut, nuts or even more fruit!
And this dip is heaven. Using powdered peanut butter, like the Peanut Butter & Co. Flax & Chia one I use, is great way to cut back on the fat while still giving you tons of flavor. Adding in the cocoa powder, well, that’s a no brainer.
Hope you all have a safe and fun Fourth of July! Don’t forget to tag your recipe #thehappyhungryyogi so I can see all of the wonderful things you make!
Paleo Waffle Fruit Skewers with Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip
Author: The Happy Hungry Yogi
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: about 15 minutes
- 1 c Birchbenders Paleo Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 3/4 c water
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 c strawberries, halved
- 1/2 c blueberries
- 4 wooden skewers
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter & Co. Powdered Flax & Chia Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat your waffle iron on a medium setting.
- In a small mixing bowl, prepare the batter by combining the mix and water. Stir until smooth (because this is a paleo mix it will be a bit thicker of a consistency).
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons worth of the batter for each waffle onto the iron spacing them apart (my iron fit 4 mini waffles, one per each section). This will ensure the batter doesn’t run together as you’re making bite-sized pieces. Close the lid and cook as directed for your particular iron. When done transfer to a cooling rack and repeat this process until the batter is used up.
- When the the waffles are ready assemble the skewers as desired using the fruit and waffles.
- In a small bowl combine the dip ingredients and mix until well combined and no clumps remain. Serve along side skewers and enjoy!
Note: This is a guilt-free breakfast or dessert, SERIOUSLY! Each serving has less than 300 calories, 8g fat, 15g sugar (that’s also mostly from the fruit) and 9g protein!