I definitely have an over zealous enthusiasm for making things that not only I can enjoy (guilt-free) but so can my daughter. I’ve always been pretty cautious of what I eat, reading ingredient labels, checking for the organic logo, etc.. Although, since becoming a mom, I find myself checking, rechecking and checking again with a magnifying glass even more thoroughly. You’ve heard me say it before, what you put into your body is crucial to your overall well-being no matter your age. So, as a parent, having the ability to teach my daughter the importance of food by introducing her to clean, healthy choices right away, when she is most impressionable, is significant in my opinion.
The fact that I enjoy cooking does help, too, but knowing what goes into my food is the real reason I do what I do. I feel a sense of satisfaction in the fact that I can take a few simple ingredients and make something that’s not only delicious but equally as impactful on my health as well as my family’s. These muffins are the perfect example of that. This recipe is so simple and uses only a few basic ingredients to create a snack that’s filled with the best flavor (peanut butter!), muscle building protein, energy filled carbs, healthy fats and only a hint of natural sweetness (from the banana). These muffins store well in the freezer for a longer shelf-life so they’re great if you need something to eat in a pinch (think hangry in between meal moment or ravenous kids after school).
Basically, I love this recipe from start to finish and although my daughter has no words yet I’d say my little critique LOVES them, too!
P.S. If you haven’t already tried Good Spread peanut butter you’re missing out! I used their Probiotic unsalted peanut butter for this recipe and it’s amazing! By far my favorite peanut butter not only for the health benefits, creamy texture and mega peanut flavor but their company mission as well!
Grain-free Peanut Butter Blender Muffins
Author: The Happy Hungry Yogi
Makes: 6 muffins
Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake time: 25 minutes
- 1 15oz can organic chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 1/2 c organic creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 c banana, mashed
- 1/4 c unsweetened almond milk (or sub any dairy-free variety)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Lightly grease or line a 6 well muffin tin.
- Add all of the ingredients to a high powdered blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly amongst the muffin pan and fill each well. Spread out a bit using a spoon as the batter will be a bit thicker.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and center is fully cooked. Allow the muffins to cool completely before removing from the pan.
- Enjoy smothered in more peanut butter- it’s THE ONLY WAY! Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for an even longer shelf life.
Note: you can also stir into the batter 1/2 cup of dairy-free chocolate chips for sumthin’ a little extra!