There’s so much to be grateful for on holidays such as this one. Although we tend to celebrate Memorial Day with large elaborate BBQ’s, copious amounts of food and fun it’s always important to take a moment and remember WHY such a day even exists. We celebrate as a way to honor those who have given us the freedom to live the way we do. We honor those who have risked it all to fight for a country they believe or believed in so much. They fight and have fought for all of us. There’s no greater thing than that of life and we owe it to those past and present who have given us such a wonderful gift.
These zucchini bars make any day, celebration or not, a good one. They’re grain and gluten free and definitely don’t lack in flavor. These bars are so easy to make (only one bowl required) and are the perfect portable nourishment since they’re easy to grab and go, awesome party snack since they are just so yummy and healthy post workout bite to refuel those tired muscles.
Paleo Zucchini Bars
Author: The Happy Hungry Yogi
Makes: 9 bars
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 50 minutes
- 1 1/2 c almond flour
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 c zucchini, grated
- Optional add-ins: chocolate chips, chopped nuts or coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray or grease a 9×9 baking dish and set aside.
- Combine all of the ingredients except the zucchini and add-ins (if using).
- Fold in the zucchini and add-ins.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Place pan in the oven to bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the pan to cool completely before slicing into bars.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge or freezer for a longer shelf life.