I have no words…
Well okay that’s not entirely true. This smoothie is probably my all time favorite, ever. I know, I know you’ve probably heard me say that before and you guys know how much I love my smoothies. This one though seriously tastes just like a dessert. It’s so decadent and the caramel swirl (recipe based from this one) absolutely makes it. It’s completely guilt-free, vegan, packed with muscle building protein, healthy fats and good crabs to keep you going throughout the day. I hope you love it as much as I do!
Blueberry Cashew Smoothie with Cashew Caramel Swirl
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 c frozen blueberries
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp cashew butter
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- pinch of pink sea salt
- In a high powered blender, combine the banana, blueberries, protein powder, almond milk, cashew butter, flax and cinnamon.
- Blend on high until smooth. (These measurements create a spoon-worthy smoothie. If you prefer it a bit thinner add a touch more liquid.)
- To make the caramel swirl, add the cashew butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and sea salt to a small saucepan.
- Melt the ingredients together over medium-low heat until runny, about 3 minutes.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass.
- Then, pour the caramel on top and swirl it into the smoothie using a spoon. Enjoy immediately.