As promised by your eager Instagram stories poll here’s this super easy quesadilla recipe. This one’s almost too easy to even post on the blog but I’ll be the first to say it’s absolutely worth it because it’s so yummy! It takes less than 30 minutes to make and uses only 7 main ingredients. Plus it’s very easily customizable depending on what you have on hand. With the flavors and textures from the roasted sweet potato, crispy tortilla and melty cheese it makes a winning weeknight meal for the family or lunch to pack for you or your kids!
Roasted Sweet Potato Chicken and Spinach Quesadilla
Author: The Happy Hungry Yogi
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 c sweet potatoes, skin on and sliced into discs
- 1 c red onion, sliced thin
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large tortillas (any kind will work- I love Trader Joe’s Low Carb Whole Wheat ones)
- 2 c chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 2 c fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 c black beans
- 1 c shredded mozzarella
- Pico de gallo, salsa, and/or avocado for serving
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Spray a lined baking sheet with cooking oil and place the sweet potato and onion onto it in a single layer. Spray the tops of the veggies with more oil then sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes until fork tender and slightly crispy around the edges.
- When the veggies are done, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Place one tortilla onto the pan.
- Add a sprinkle of the cheese then layer with some of the roasted veggies, chicken, spinach, black beans, then a sprinkle more cheese. Cover with another tortilla and then loosely cover the pan to warm.
- Once the bottom tortilla begins to crisp up, about 3-5 minutes, flip to crisp up the other side.
- Carefully remove the quesadilla from heat and let rest.
- Repeat steps 3, 4, and 5 for the other quesadilla.
- Serve sliced with your favorite toppings.
Storing: quesadillas will last up to 3 days prepared in the fridge.