As promised by your eager Instagram stories poll here’s this super easy quesadilla recipe. This one’s almost too easy to even post on the blog but I’ll be the first to say it’s absolutely worth it because it’s so yummy! It takes less than 30 minutes to make and uses only 7 main ingredients. Plus it’s very easily customizable depending on what you have on hand. With the flavors and textures from the roasted sweet potato, crispy tortilla and melty cheese it makes a winning weeknight meal for the family or lunch to pack for you or your kids!
Roasted Sweet Potato Chicken and Spinach Quesadilla
Author: The Happy Hungry Yogi
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 large tortillas (any kind will work but I used this)
- 1 c chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1 1/2 c sweet potatoes, skin on and diced small
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 c fresh spinach
- 1 c shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 c shredded parmesan
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Toss the diced sweet potato in the melted coconut oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Lay out evenly onto a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, until pieces fork tender and slightly crispy around the edges.
- In the meantime lay a tortilla on a skillet pan over medium-low heat. Warm for about 3 minutes.
- To add the filling, while tortilla is in the pan place half of the chicken, sweet potato, spinach, mozzarella and parm onto one half of the tortilla. Sprinkle with seasonings and then carefully fold the tortilla in half to cover the filling. Press down lightly with a spatula and let cook until ingredients warm and cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Carefully remove the quesadilla from heat, plate and slice.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the second tortilla.
- Serve quesadillas with a side of guacamole or favorite dipping sauce (guac is my favorite).