What better way to celebrate National Cookie Day today then with a brand spanking new (you guessed it) cookie recipe on the blog. These adorable Peanut Butter Blossoms are the perfect little holiday cookie to give, receive and of course EAT! They’re so simple and use just a handful of basic ingredients which you most likely already have on hand so just pick up a bag of Hershey kisses and you’re on your way to celebrating this delicious holiday the right way! A few festive ideas…
- Swap out the milk chocolate Hershey kisses for the candy cane ones (most stores will carry these around the holidays).
- Purchase small plastic candy bags and decorative ribbon from your local craft store and give a couple of cookies as a gift to a friend, neighbor, teacher or family member. Who wouldn’t want to receive cookies for the holidays?!
- Add in a few drops of red or green food coloring to the dough during step 3 for an even more festive cookie!
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Makes: about 2 dozen cookies/ Prep time: 10 minutes/ Bake time: 10 minutes
- 1 3/4c gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 c coconut sugar
- 1/2 c light brown sugar
- 1/2 c creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 24 Hershey kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and sea salt. Whisk and set aside.
- In the bowl of stand mixer (can also use a hand mixer) beat the sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and beat on low until thoroughly incorporated.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out the dough and roll between your palms to form a ball. Place the ball on pan and repeat until all of the dough is used making sure cookies are spaced approximately 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes until cookies are golden brown.
- When ready, remove from the oven and immediately press an unwrapped Hershey kiss into the center of each. Cookies will be soft and will crack (it’s okay!). Allow to cool slightly until transferring to cooling rack.
- Store cookies in an airtight container (or freeze) until ready to enjoy.