If there’s a green veggie I can’t get enough of this time of year it’s brussel sprouts. I know my kid self would have been like, “Eww gross!” But as a responsible, healthy, veggie eating adult my tastebuds have come a long way. The thing with brussel sprouts is the options are pretty much endless… they make a great roasted side dish, filling add-in to a fluffy quiche or even a crispy crunch to a hearty salad. I’m all about getting creative with food (if you didn’t already know this) so getting inspired by fall flavors like tart cranberry, sweet maple and nutty pecans and then throwing it all together with fresh shredded brussels is a match made in fall heaven! This salad is so easy to whip up and makes the perfect clean eating meal or side dish. It can be enjoyed just as is (my favorite way) or even tossed with your choice of protein for a heartier meal.
I took the time to shred the brussel sprouts and roast the pumpkin seeds we had saved from carving pumpkins BUT to save time you can certainly purchase already shredded brussels and packaged roasted seeds. You can also make the dressing a day in advance. See who knew something so simple could become even simpler!
Shredded Brussel Sprout Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
Author: The Happy Hungry Yogi
Total time: 15 minutes
- 4 c of brussel sprouts, shredded
- 2 c celery, chopped thin
- 3/4 c dried cranberries
- 3/4 c pecans, chopped
- 1/2 c roasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients and toss.
- In a mason jar or container with a tight fitting lid combine the dressing ingredients. Cover and shake well to mix.
- Toss salad with vinaigrette when ready to serve. Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.