I’m calling these Cowboy Cookie Dough Freezer Cups because well basically they can coral ANYONE. Truthfully, if you have a thing against any of the following: chocolate, nut butter, coconut, dessert, cookies or even cookie dough… I think we should just part ways here…
Joking! I love you all. 😊
In all seriousness though (as serious as eating cookie dough is) these cups are pure magic. I mean lasso or not I don’t ever want to let these treats out of my grasp. They’re so insanely decadent you might even be led to believe they’re wanted for unhealthiness. However, you’ll be happy to know the only reward these treats come with is a mouth-watering bite of guilt-free goodness. Really, GUILT-FREE! So grab these 8 simple, clean eating ingredients for the yummiest treat around!
(I may or may not have mouthed “yee-haw” at the end of writing this.) 😉
Cowboy Cookie Dough Freezer Cups
Makes: 9 cups/ Prep time: 10 minutes/ Freeze time: 1 1/2 hours+
- 2/3c creamy nut or seed butter (I used almond butter)
- 1/3c maple syrup
- 1/3c almond flour
- 3tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2c dairy-free chocolate chunks + 3 tbsp melting
- 3 tbsp shredded coconut
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients, except chocolate and coconut. Mix well to combine.
- Add in the 1/2 cup chocolate chunks and fold.
- Using a small scoop or spoon measure out about 3 tablespoons worth of mixture and press into a muffin liner (you can also use a silicone mold for this step). Repeat until you’ve made all 9 cups.
- Transfer cups to a baking sheet and place in the freezer for 20 minutes to set.
- When ready to add the toppings, melt the additional 3 tablespoons of chocolate in the microwave or over the stove top (mix halfway through with either method).
- Remove the cups from the freezer and drizzle the melted chocolate over each then sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Place back in the freezer for at least one hour to set. Store any uneaten cups in the freezer until ready to enjoy.