I love when new recipes just come about. Don’t you? I whipped up these amazing waffles this morning and was praising the breakfast gods for being on my side. Not only did the ingredients mesh perfectly but they literally may be my new go to waffle recipe for the summer while I’m zucchin-ifying everything in my life. Ha! These gluten-free, protein packed waffles have just the right amount of sweetness and can actually even be eaten without syrup in my opinion. Although, I did serve mine with a touch of syrup and fresh wild blueberries. It was simply heaven! This recipe is pretty versatile, too, and would taste great with fruit, nuts or chocolate chips cooked right into the batter. I suggest making an extra big bath of these so you can enjoy a healthy and delicious breakfast all week long!
Zucchini Protein Blender Waffles
Author: The Happy Hungry Yogi
Serves: 2 (makes 4 medium sized waffles)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: about 15 minutes
- 1 c zucchini, sliced
- 1 5.3 oz container of Siggi’s Vanilla yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 c gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/2 c rolled oats
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat waffle iron on medium setting.
- In a high speed blender (I used my Vitamix) combine the wet ingredients (zucchini through vanilla extract) and blend until ingredients are smooth.
- Add in the remaining dry ingredients and blend again to combine.
- Spoon 1/4 of the mixture into the center of your hot waffle iron, close lid and allow to cook until golden brown. Repeat this step for remaining batter.
- Serve waffles warm with maple syrup and fresh fruit if desired.