Anyone finding themselves with a surplus of berries lately? Not that I’m complaining or anything. I truly can’t get enough of summer and one of the very reasons is the in-season produce available…especially the berries! Aside from eating them straight from the container (washing first of course) I’m always looking for ways (or an excuse) to incorporate them into new dishes, from smoothies to salads and let us not forget the baked goods. Oh, the baked goods!Take these muffins for example…
In a perfect world these muffins could be my sole food staple. As in, I could enjoy one of these slathered in nut butter for breakfast, lunch or dinner. However, I suppose I’d be missing a few food crucial groups along the way AND I’d get into trouble for not sharing. So, instead, we will just have to settle for these gluten-free strawberry muffins (packed with all of the good stuff like fresh berries (duh), coconut oil and nut-based protein) making the perfect summer power snack instead!
Strawberry Coconut Oil Muffins
Author: The Happy Hungry Yogi
Makes: 6 large muffins
Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake time: 25 minutes
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 6 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/4 c gluten-free baking flour
- 3/4 c almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 c fresh strawberries, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly line or spray a muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the wet ingredients and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Next, add the dry ingredients and continue to mix until no lumps remain.
- Gently fold in the strawberries.
- Then, divide the mixture evenly among the muffin cavities and bake for 25 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Serve warm or store in the fridge or freezer for later enjoyment.