If there is anything you can find my fork stuck into lately (or a spoon for that matter) it’s either a cake, cupcake, pie, ice cream or a cookie (sans utensil). Maybe it’s the raging pregnancy hormones or this baby has a wicked sweet tooth but either way it’s sometimes hard to resist temptation.
I’ve been trying to limit my intake of the sweet stuff and finding better alternatives that don’t make 50% of my food intake consist of sugar and unhealthy fats. So, all of that being said this edible cookie dough certainly hit the spot! When you’re in the mood for a sweet treat and don’t feel like actually going through the baking process (cause who actually doesn’t sample the dough anyway) you can skip the work and whip up this super simple dish. It’s easy to make, requires only a few ingredients which you probably have on hand and is the prefect refreshing treat for a hot summer day!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Parfaits
Serves: 2/Prep time: 5 minutes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 6 tbsp gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/4 c dairy-free chocolate chips
- Dairy-free vanilla ice cream
- In a small mixing bowl combine the coconut oil, honey and vanilla and stir until well combined.
- Add in the sea salt and flour and continue to mix until you achieve a dough consistency.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon a small amount of ice cream into two small serving dishes of choice, next divine the cookie dough in half and spoon each portion into the dishes, lastly top with more ice cream. Serve immediately.
Note: store any unused cookie dough in the fridge until ready to consume.