I find I’m constantly in search of a quick snack throughout the day. Lately I’m basically hungry 24/7 since for those of you who don’t yet know we are expecting a little Happy Hungry Yogi come September! (Yay!) We are beyond excited and have also been quite busy so I apologize for my minimal posting over the past few months…
With all of that being said, as you can imagine I’m CONSTANTLY hungry (we can thank the baby for that ☺️). So, my goal has been to keep healthy, filling, on-the-go options at hand that will not only hold me over in between meals but will give me energy and the extra nutrients that my body currently needs. These energy bites do just that. They pack in lots of fiber from whole grains, healthy fats from the nuts and calcium, potassium, magnesium and more fiber from the peaches. Since they’re sweetened both naturally and with only a touch of maple syrup you won’t find yourself crashing from any refined sugars either. If you need a little pick me up before hitting the gym or a yoga class they make a great pre-workout snack, too! I love that not only do they help curb my sweet tooth but they remind me of summertime since they’re packed with the yummy flavor of peaches. These easy, no baking required bites might just be my (and the baby’s) new favorite guilt-free treat!
How can you go wrong with an easy, no-bake snack that doubles as a healthy energy boost?!
Peach Pie Energy Bites
Makes: 16 Bites/ Prep time: 10 minutes/ Set time: 1 hour
- 1 1/4 c dried peaches
- 1 c gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 c nut butter (I used an almond, cashew, walnut and hazelnut blend)
- 1/4 c walnuts
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- In a food processor combine all of the ingredients and pulse until a coarse meal forms. The consistency should be slightly sticky and easily moldable.
- Using a tablespoon, measure out 2 tablespoons worth of the mixture and roll into a tight ball between the palms of your hands. Place on a cookie sheet and continue this step until you’ve used up the mixture.
- Place the cookie sheet in the fridge to set for at least one hour. I reccomend storing these in the fridge or freezer until ready to enjoy.