You know what tastes great? Oodles upon oodles of spiralized sweet potato covered in the yummiest and EASIEST sesame sauce. Yup, it’s a side dish I seriously can’t shovel into my mouth fast enough. Lucky for me (and you) having a humongous bowl of these noodles won’t leave you feeling stuffed and sluggish since they’re low carb and gluten-free! So go ahead and pull out that spiralizer (if you don’t have one I recommend this) and twirl your way to this quick, healthy and tasty dish!(These noodles make a great accompaniment to salmon, shrimp or chicken!)
Sesame Sweet Potato Noodles
Author: The Happy Hungry Yogi
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and left whole
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- pinch of sea salt
- sesame seeds and green onion to garnish
- Using a spiralizer (I used the Paderno spiralizer with the 3×3 mm and 4×6 mm blades to vary width- this is optional) cut the sweet potatoes and place in a large sauté pan over medium low heat. Cover the pan and allow to lightly soften for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally (no oil needed for this step).
- In the meantime, combine the tahini, apple cider vinegar, oils, syrup, red pepper and sea salt in a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- When the sweet potatoes are ready remove from heat and add to the bowl. Toss to evenly coat the noodles with the sauce.
- When ready to serve plate noodles and sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped green onion to garnish.