I can’t quite believe that this month marks The Happy Hungry Yogi’s two year anniversary. Words can’t describe how grateful I am to be able to do something that not only inspires others but has in turn helped me to become who I am in this very moment. I started out on this journey just simply to create clean, healthy recipes. It gave me so much happiness that I was able to share my creations with others. What began as just blogging recipes to promote a healthier lifestyle turned into finding an inspiration beyond just eating clean. I realized that the passion I was spreading was deeper than that of food. It became about my undying hope, my challenges, my search for courage, my heartbreak, my love, my faith, my journey to becoming who it seemed I had forever been searching for. So, I began to write, like really write, and shared a rawness about my life as well as situations I saw unfolding around me. My blog became a diary of sorts that held an honest truth about what I, and many others, often can’t communicate through words. It’s not an easy feat expressing emotion but ultimately my goal in doing so became like a giant bear hug to let you know you’re not alone. We are never truly alone. We aren’t the only ones who find ourselves in moments of despair, moments when we think all is lost, moments when we think we have no tears left, moments when the possibility of picking up the pieces seems impossible. I’ve been there in each and every one of those moments just like you and I can promise you the journey doesn’t end there. You CAN pick up those pieces and find hope again. And you DO have the ability to create a life you’re in love with. Being able to share my passion of creating a happy you through a healthy lifestyle both through food and from an emotional stand point has not only made me strive harder to be an inspiration to others but has also given ME an inspiration that I couldn’t seem find prior to this.
So here I am celebrating The Happy Hungry Yogi turning two years old and I am so grateful to be able to do what I do. I honestly don’t think I’d be doing it if it weren’t for all of you. Through your words, comments, messages, all of it, you give me the courage to continue to share what I believe in. You give me reason to continue this journey, to write my honest emotions without fear, to strive to be stronger each day, to worry less, to live more, to never give up on feeling that maybe I do make a difference in this world. Thank you all so much for helping me believe in myself and this blog, it is only just the beginning.
Author: The Happy Hungry Yogi
Makes: 12 pancakes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: about 15 minutes
- 2 c cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 c all purpose gluten-free flour (I used this)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 whole large eggs and 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, melted and additional for cooking (I used this)
- In a large mixing bowl combine the quinoa, flour, baking powder and sea salt.
- Add in the eggs, egg whites, milk, honey and melted butter and mix to combine.
- Melt butter over medium-low heat on a large skillet. When warm, scoop out 1/4 c of batter and pour onto pan (you can cook more than one at a time depending on the size of your pan). Flip pancakes when slightly golden on one side and allow other side to cook evenly. Transfer to a cooling rack when they’re cooked all the way through. Repeat this step until batter is gone.
- When ready to serve I recommend topping pancakes with a drizzle of honey and a little butter! To store any leftovers wrap tightly in a sealed container and refrigerate or freeze until ready to enjoy.