I still can’t quite wrap my head around the fact that this is it. The end of another year is upon us. Just like that, we are leaving 2016 behind. At a time when we all begin to reflect on the things that have happened over the past twelve months we also begin to plan new goals, resolutions, new challenges, new predictions of what the next 365 days might bring. Truthfully, it’s a little bit overwhelming. I mean to think back on the past (almost) 365 days and what has happened it’s pretty unbelievable. Who would have thought where you are right this very second is where you’d have ended up, all that has occurred, how you’ve changed, what you’ve learned. I bet in a million years you couldn’t have guessed it. That’s what’s both intimidating and exciting all at the same time. The possibilities. The unknown. The hope of what could be.
At this very second as you read this you are holding a blank slate. This slate that will, over the next year, become whatever you want it to. Whether it’s to build upon your goals from the previous year or start new ones the process of never giving up is the same. Believing that you can step forward day by day and achieve all that you want to is what is most important. Never losing hope makes every challenge, every uphill battle, every heartache, every failure, every bump in the road worth every breath, every laugh, every cry and every bit of frustration you may have. When you reflect back on it all it truly does make a whole lot of sense since even the tiniest of steps over a year can build upon something truly life changing. Where we end up after those 365 days have come and gone is in a place where we are another year wiser, stronger and more hopeful than ever because deep down we have faith in possibility and that is what turns that blank slate into a masterpiece.
Makes: about 20 slices/Prep time: 10 minutes/Set time: 2 hours
- 3 large navel oranges
- 1 90% cocoa chocolate bar (I used Lindt Supeme Dark)
- 1/4 c roasted pistachios, crushed
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Peel the oranges and remove as much of the pith (the white skin between the peel and the fruit) as you can.
- In a microwave-safe bowl melt the chocolate on high for 1 minute, stopping halfway to stir.
- When completely melted, dip one end of the orange slice into the chocolate and lay onto parchmentined pan. Repeat for all slices.
- Lightly sprinkle the slices (while the chocolate is still melted) with the crushed pistachios.
- Place the pan in the fridge to set for 2 hours.
- Remove only when ready to serve. Store any leftovers in the fridge in a sealed container.