Sometimes I hashtag #trusttheprocess. Okay that’s a lie, in reality I think it amounts to more than “sometimes”. Yet, I do sometimes wonder if I really actually follow through with that, you know, trusting the process… Do any of us really TRUST what’s behind closed doors, around the bend, what tomorrow has in store, or any other saying along those lines? Truth is, most likely not. I think we like to believe that deep down somewhere nestled amongst our curiosities, dreams, fears, hopes, wishes, wants and needs is a little bit of trust that whatever happens happens because it’s MEANT to. Doesn’t it give you a sense of comfort knowing that life holds purpose, coincidences aren’t just coincidences, that we happen upon circumstances because we are supposed to?
Think about it…
How much more trusting would you be if I were to say, “Yes you should do X because of Y which will result in Z.” as opposed to me saying, “You know what, just wing it, maybe X will end up being Z somehow in the end, who knows!” It isn’t quite as comforting is it? I think that’s why many of us choose to believe in purpose, in hope, in trust that each step we take into the unknown will lead us to what we seek. That eventually somewhere down the long windy road littered with curves and bumps we will end up where we are meant to. That we really are on the right path, our path.
Some of you may be rolling your eyes at this concept, choosing to not believe in things holding purpose and that’s okay but I choose to be comforted by the possibility that there is meaning to it all. There’s meaning to my choices, to my gut feelings, to my mistakes, to my adventures, to the people I meet along the way, to my heartache, to my happiness, to my fears, to all of it. What kind of nudge would it be to keep on moving forward if we didn’t have something to have faith in. Just because you can’t grasp it momentarily doesn’t mean it isn’t worth believing in. Believing that the process is meant to lead you to your most exquisite existence is just enough to trust even what you can’t really see.
Just something to think about…
If my path of life leads me to a batch of these muffins I’m running, not walking. These Mexican Hot Chocolate Muffins are the perfect sweet and a little spicy treat for the winter months ahead. Ditch the cup of heavy cream, absurd amounts of sugar and potential burns to the mouth and swap it out for these healthy, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, superfood packed muffins instead! You’ll be thanking me all the way until Spring…
Mexican Hot Chocolate Muffins
Makes: 12 muffins/Prep time: 10 minutes/Bake time: 18-20 minutes
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 c raw honey
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c almond meal
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/3 c cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 c Equal Exchange semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 c Himalania dark chocolate covered hemp seeds (purchased at Whole Foods)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray/grease a muffin pan and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl mash the banana until no lumps remain. Add in the honey, melted coconut oil, egg yolks ONLY, vanilla and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate smaller bowl whip the egg whites vigurlously until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk to combine the almond meal, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and spices.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry and mix well.
- Gently fold in the whipped egg whites until incorporated.
- Then, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoon fill the Muffin cavities 3/4 to the top with the batter.
- Sprinkle each top with the hemp seeds and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 18-20 minutes.
- Allow to rest on a cooling rack before enjoying.