Cake for breakfast? Sign me up! I mean who would pass up an opportunity to eat not only a breakfast that tastes like dessert but a guilt-free one at that? This easy to mix up recipe can be served warm and drizzled with some maple syrup and sliced almonds for the perfect morning treat.
Banana Almond Baked Oatmeal
Serves: 2/Prep time: 5 minutes/Bake time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup gluten-free old fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c almond milk
- 1/4 c banana, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp sliced almonds and 2 tsp maple syrup for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease 2 individual oven-safe baking dishes (I used mini bundt pans).
- In a small bowl combine the oats, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Whisk to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, almond milk, banana and vanilla.
- Add in the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well.
- Divide the batter among the two baking dishes and bake for about 25 minutes or until tops are lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool before removing from the pans. Drizzle each with one teaspoon of maple syrup and one teaspoon of almonds once ready to serve.
Nutrition (per serving): 329 calories/ 9.7g fat/ 50g carbs/ 15g sugar/ 10.5g protein