I’m not even going to begin to tell you how many pictures I took of these cookies or how many cookies I ended up eating in the process…
Okay, maybe I will…
Attempt 1: I baked cookies, took pictures, hated the lighting and couldn’t get the right angle so I ate the cookies.
Attempt 2: I baked cookies, burnt the cookies, felt guilty so I ate the burnt cookies anyway.
Attempt 3: I baked cookies, took pictures, hated the pictures, dropped half of the cookies onto the floor during the pictures, applied three second rule and then ate the cookies (don’t worry my floor was clean).
Attempt 4: I baked cookies, out of frustration just stacked the cookies into a pile and snapped only one picture (see above), then I ate the cookies…obviously.
Four dozen cookies later and here you go…the simplest photo you’ll probably ever see on my blog but of the yummiest, easiest, guilt-free(est?) Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies ever!
By the way I LITERALLY ate 75% of the cookies in the making of this post…for only. one. picture.
Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes: 12 cookies/Bake time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 c banana, mashed (about one medium)
- 1/2 c pumpkin purée
- 1/2 c gluten-free rolled oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill GF Old Fashioned Oats)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 c vegan chocolate chips (I used Enjoy-life)
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- In a medium sized bowl, mash banana until most of the clumps are gone.
- Add the pumpkin, oats, spice, chocolate and combine thoroughly.
- Using an ice cream scooper or 1/4 measuring cup, scoop batter and drop onto cookie sheet. Lightly press cookie to form. Repeat until all 12 are done.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Allow to rest on a cooling rack before serving.
Note: these cookies make great ice cream sandwiches! Just stuff with your favorite flavor or try homemade Banana Berry Ice Cream for a healthy treat!
Nutrition (per cookie): 50 calories/ 8g carbs/ 2g fat/ 1g protein/ 3g sugar