Do you ever finish eating a nice healthy dinner and think…oh how I want dessert, something sweet, anything just to satisfy that sweet tooth? If you’re like me then you are probably nodding your head excessively in agreement. Well I can assure you that not only is it OKAY to enjoy dessert but there are perfectly acceptable ways to actually enjoy said dessert without ruining your healthy dinner. I give to you this Coconut Peach & Blueberry Crumble…
Yes, this crumble filled with sweet and tender fruit and a crunchy on the outside medley of goodness sprinkled over the top is actually healthy. This dish has no grains, refined sugars, dairy or unhealthy processed ingredients. It’s paleo, gluten-free and vegan! I mean talk about satisfying every need! You can’t go wrong with this dessert. It’s so simple to make and uses only the best cassava flour known to man. If you haven’t ordered yourself a bag of Otto’s Cassava flour yet you’d better go right on over to their site (here) and get yourself stocked up (bonus: they now even offer free shipping on all size orders!). This recipe will be on your after-dinner-I-need-something-sweet-but-don’t-want-to-feel-guilty menu. So go ahead and don’t pass on the dessert!
Coconut Peach & Blueberry Crumble
Serves: 2/Bake time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium peach, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 c fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp honey
- a pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 c sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 c Otto’s Cassava Flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- a pinch of sea salt
- Set oven to 350F and lightly grease two oven-safe single serve tart dishes/ramekins.
- Add all filling ingredients to a small bowl and toss to coat fruit.
- Divide filling ingredients evenly between both dishes.
- In the same small bowl, combine the crumble ingredients and stir well.
- Divide the mixture in half and spread on top of the fruit.
- Place the dishes into the oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly. Top with a scoop of dairy-free ice cream or coconut whipped cream to serve.
Note: You can enjoy this dish anytime of the year! When in season, buy fresh berries and stone fruit such as peaches and plums. Wash and slice them up and store in the freezer to be enjoyed year round! Both fresh and frozen fruits work well in this recipe.