There isn’t much I can say about this dish other than YUM! It’s one of those meals that was sort of created by accident then I questioned what I did because it was too simple to be that good. After remaking it, several times, I can assure you it really is just delicious, healthy and that simple. I guess I can’t take ALL of the credit since Trader Joe’s Sriracha and Roasted Garlic BBQ Sauce is perfection when poured over this dish, or any dish for that matter. Not to mention, I can’t ever stress enough my love for sweet potatoes (as you know). Combining the sweetness of the veggie with the tangy, spicy flavors of a good BBQ sauce, a sprinkle of bacon (I mean it’s BACON!) and it becomes a party in your mouth. This paleo and gluten-free dish will satisfy your tastebuds for sure. So don’t be deceived by its awesomeness you can enjoy this meal while sticking to your healthy living.
BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potato Casserole
Serves: 6/Cook time: 45 minutes
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/4 c BBQ sauce (I used Trader Joe’s Sriracha and Roasted Garlic BBQ sauce)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 4 pieces of turkey bacon
- Green onion for topping
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and place in an oven safe baking dish.
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes. Cut into bit sized pieces and add to chicken.
- Add olive oil, BBQ sauce and garlic powder to a smal bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the sauce over chicken and sweet potatoes and toss all ingredients to coat well.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 45 minutes. During the last 10 minutes remove foil and cook uncovered.
- While casserole is cooking, either pan fry or microwave bacon until crispy. When cool crumble and then set aside.
- When chicken is cooked through and sweet potatoes are tender remove from oven and top with crumbled bacon and green onions before serving.