I am trying my best to avoid my kitchen like the plague. Not because I don’t want to be in it because I REALLY do but because I can’t continue to walk by my freezer knowing these bars are in there. I could easily polish off each and every one if I let my sweet tooth get the best of me. I’d be lying if I said I haven’t been down that road before. Not with these bars but I’m pretty sure it was chocolate related so I’m trying my best not to give myself a bad rap here. I digress, back to the topic at hand, these bars, are literally THE. BEST. THING. since sliced bread. Normally I wouldn’t toot my own horn even though you are probably already rolling your eyes thinking “Jeez, isn’t she full of herself.”. No, no that’s definitely not the case, I just can’t resist the combination of chocolate and almond butter. I mean, seriously, HOW could you pass that up?! These bars are, what’s the word…supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. I know that’s not a real word but by definition in the dictionary of made up words it means “extraordinarily wonderful” so that’s what I’m using to describe these. A medley of the yummiest ingredients that creates an almost too good to be true treat that actually uses real food. There’s no junk, artificial ingredients, gluten, dairy, processed lengthy word chemicals and they cost a heck of a lot less than a store bought bar. It combines 6 simple ingredients you most likely already have like nut butter, honey and chocolate chips. Another key ingredient in this recipe is oat flour. If you don’t already have this on hand I highly suggest getting some Bob’s Red Mill GF Oat Flour on your next trip to the store. It’s a staple baking ingredient in my house and takes the fuss out of grinding up your own oats. So what are you waiting for? Go give these easy and “extraordinarily wonderful” bars a go!
No Bake Chocolate Almond Bars
Makes: 9 bars/Prep time: 10 minutes/Ready in: 2 hours
- 1/3 c honey
- 2/3 c creamy almond butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- 2/3 c Bob’s Red Mill Oat Four
- 1 c dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Coarse sea salt
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the honey and almond butter and heat until smooth (about 30 seconds-1 minute).
- When you reach a creamy, easy to stir consistency add in the oat flour and stir well to combine.
- Press mixture evenly into an 8×8 pan.
- In the same bowl add chocolate chips and coconut oil and heat in the microwave until melted (about 1 minute), stirring occasionally as needed.
- Once melted, pour chocolate over the bars and, using a spatula, spread to cover.
- Lightly sprinkle the sea salt over the chocolate.
- Cover the pan and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set. Once set, cut into 9 bars and keep in the fridge or freezer using parchment to prevent bars from sticking together until ready to enjoy.