In honor of the ever expanding rabbit population in my yard I decided to pick up these adorable little heirloom carrots at the farmer’s market last weekend. I know what you’re thinking, rabbits, carrots, how cliche, but I mean I couldn’t resist how cute they were! The carrots I mean…well then again the rabbits are, too. I think a huge part of what I love about food blogging is finding new and inspiring ingredients. This is what makes me passionate about creating new recipes to share. Even if it’s an ingredient I’ve used a hundred times before seeing it in a new light often inspires me to try new things. Cooking and baking is all about experimenting and your willingness to think outside of the box. Sometimes I become overwhelmed with my own ideas and finding inspiration through the most random things is all that I need, in this case, a bottle of balsamic vinegar I had in my cabinet and a freshly cut bag of colorful baby carrots. Simple yet combined with a passion for food I created a delicious little side that I’m proud to share.
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb organic baby heirloom carrots (any type of carrot will work just cut into smaller pieces if using larger ones)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Sea sat
- Dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 400F and lightly spray a baking sheet.
- Wash and pat carrots dry. I prefer to leave them unpeeled as I like the texture and flavor. Remove stems/leaves if any.
- Add carrots to a large mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, vigorously whisk the oil and vinegar until well combined. Pour mixture over carrots and toss to evenly coat.
- Place carrots, spaced apart, onto baking sheet. This will allow for even cooking.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Sprinkle with salt and parsley before serving.