I made these pancakes again this morning and I’m so addicted! I have a gazzilion sweet potato recipes on my blog but in my opinion there’s no such thing as too many. Plus, when you pair it with chocolate…um heaven! If you’re like me and eat a ton of sweet potatoes it’s likely you’ll have some left over in your fridge at some point. So put it to good use and mix up a batch of these for your next weekend breakfast!
Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Pancakes
Makes about 5 small pancakes
- 1 c mashed sweet potato (about 1 large sweet potato)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch all spice
- pinch ginger
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- Cook sweet potato to soften either in the oven or microwave. When cool, remove skin and mash in a small bowl.
- Add eggs and spices to potato and mix thouroghly.
- Heat coconut oil on a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- When ready, scoop batter (about 1/4 c worth per pancake) onto pan. Carefully drop a few chocolate chips into each pancake. Flip halfway through to lightly brown both sides.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and any other desired toppings.