I made these pancakes again this morning and I’m so addicted! I have a gazzilion sweet potato recipes on my blog but in my opinion there’s no such thing as too many. Plus, when you pair it with chocolate…um heaven! If you’re like me and eat a ton of sweet potatoes it’s likely you’ll have some left over in your fridge at some point. So put it to good use and mix up a batch of these for your next weekend breakfast!
Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Pancakes
Author: The Happy Hungry Yogi
Makes: about 4 small pancakes or 1 large waffle
- 1/2 c mashed sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp dairy-free chocolate chips (optional)
- Cook sweet potato to soften either in the oven or microwave. When cool, remove skin and mash in a small bowl.
- Add eggs, flour cinnamon, vanilla and baking powder to the potato and mix thouroghly.
- Heat coconut oil on a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- When ready, scoop batter (a couple tablespoons per pancake) onto pan. Carefully drop a few chocolate chips into each pancake. Flip halfway through to lightly brown both sides.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and any other desired toppings.
Note: if making as a waffle following instructions up to step 2 and then cook as directed per your particular iron.