Sometimes when I’m meal planning for the week and making my shopping list I find myself buying the same ingredients. It’s not that I refuse to eat other things it’s just that I really enjoy cooking with certain ingredients. With that being said I try my best to create new dishes with my favorites that way I don’t end up making the same meals every week. You never want the response at the dinner table to be “chicken again?”. Well chicken again it is BUT if you’re able to mix up the seasonings to create a whole new aray of flavors it will make the same response sound more like “chicken again!”. I mean if I can achieve that much enthusiasm over a meal it’s a win for sure.
So if you’re stuck on what to do with YOUR chicken this week this dish will certainly do the trick. It’s packed with flavors like lime, garlic and honey. It even has a little added kick from the peppers. This simple, healthy recipe can be prepared ahead of time and also makes great leftovers.
Chili Lime Chicken
Serves: 3-4/Prep time: 2 hours/Bake time: 25 minutes
- 2 lbs organic chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 c fresh squeezed lime juice
- 4 tsp lime zest
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp chili powder, or to taste
- Prepare the chicken (rinse and pat dry) and then place in a baking dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and whisk.
- Pour over chicken and cover with foil. Refrigerate and let marinate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, set oven to 400F and bake for about 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. During the last few minutes remove foil and set broiler on high to crisp skin.
- Serve along with your favorite sides and enjoy! (I served mine with roasted summer veggies…yum!)