Ice cream that’s gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free, vegan and guilt-free? Yes, such a thing exists! Genius, right? Sadly I’m not the mastermind behind this concept, this is just my own take on banana ice cream. Go ahead and mix it up with different fruits, toppings or even just enjoy it as is. I promise you’ll love this simple, healthy treat!
I should stress the word simple because it really is as simple as mixing up the all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and magically it becomes…
Banana Berry Ice Cream
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 c frozen strawberries
- 1/4 c frozen blackberries
- 1/4 c frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional add-ins or toppings: cocoa or chocolate pieces, coconut flakes, nut butter, crushed nuts, granola, coconut milk whipped cream
- Combine all fruit in a food processor and pulse until completely chopped. And vanilla and slowly pour in the almond milk, one tablespoon at a time until you get the right creamy consistency. You can add additional liquid if needed.
- Scoop into a freezer safe container and cover tightly. Freeze until set and ready to serve.
- Scoop into serving dishes and garnish with favorite toppings!