Every time I use my crockpot I wonder why I don’t use it more often. It’s just so convenient! Even though we are (FINALLY) experiencing Spring up here in the Northeast I still love a hearty warm stew for dinner every now and then. On that note, I whipped out my trusty old crock pot last week and made this delicious beef stew…well actually I just threw it together, the crock pot should really get the credit here. I mean what’s better than being able to serve a healthy and satisfying meal on a weeknight that takes only minutes of actual work. An added bonus is there’s only a little clean up involved since it’s a one pot meal. I’m all for this idea and I know once you taste it you’ll wonder why you don’t use this marvelous gadget more often, too!
Crock Pot Beef Stew
Serves: 4/ Cook time: 4-6 hours on high or 2-3 hours on low
- 1 lb lean beef stew meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Sea salt and pepper
- 4 c low sodium beef broth
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 large celery stalks, sliced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 large parsnips, sliced
- 2 c mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh sage, minced
- Season beef generously with salt and pepper and place at the bottom of the crock pot.
- In a small bowl, whisk together beef broth and tomato paste and pour over beef.
- Add all of the veggies and remaining spices. Stir to combine and cover.
- Cook stew on high for 4-6 hours or 2-3 hours on low.
- Garnish with additional fresh herbs if desired.