Some recipes need no introduction. Not to mention you don’t always need me blabbering on about why you should try my recipe or why I like food so much. I do, I do like food in case you weren’t sure. Banana bread is one of those things that, unless you don’t like bananas, you’ve had it in one form or another. Maybe you had a slice of warm bread alongside a cup of coffee from a bakery or maybe you made your own into muffins from those almost ready to throw away bananas sitting on your counter. I’ve tried so many different recipes for this treat and really can’t say I’ve ever really disliked any. If you’re one, like me, who eats this delectable fruit on a daily basis having a healthy banana bread option is always a plus. Just in case you weren’t already borderline exceeding your potassium intake for the day here’s another tasty way to enjoy this yummy fruit, which, like I mentioned, needs no introduction to its awesomeness…
Blueberry Banana Bread
Makes: 1 loaf
Bake time: 40 minutes
- 2 very ripe bananas (1 c), mashed
- 3 tbsp real maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- ½ c coconut flour
- ½ c almond meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 c fresh or frozen blueberries
- Optional: 1/2 c crushed walnuts, dairy free chocolate chips or other add-in
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil and dust with coconut flour and set aside.
- In a medium sized microwave safe bowl add the coconut oil and microwave for about 30 seconds (just enough to melt).
- Add in the mashed banana, vanilla, eggs and mix well.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to the wet and mix to thoroughly combine until no lumps remain.
- Fold in blueberries and/or additional nuts or chocolate chips if adding.
- Pour and spread batter evenly into loaf pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until top is golden brown and knife inserted into center comes out clean.
Note: This bread is best enjoyed warm but can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week.