Recently I made Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies (which will be posted soon) and since that particular cookie contains grains I thought it only fitting to offer a paleo option as well. The other reason for this recipe, truthfully, came about from my urge of wanting cookie dough, plain and simple. I am torn between whether my favorite is the dough or the finished cookie but either way this treat is sure to be a hit. It’s so easy to make (also easily doubled if needed) and with no baking required your cookie craving can be cured in a matter of minutes!
Cookie Dough Bites
Makes: 12 cookie dough bites
- ¾ c unsweetened coconut, shredded
- ¼ c almond butter (can sub with peanut, cashew or sunflower instead)
- ¼ c coconut oil, softened
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ c dairy-free mini chocolate chips (I use Enjoy-Life)
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the chocolate chips in a bowl. Mix to thoroughly combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, measure out and roll into balls.
- Refrigerate or freeze for about 5 minutes to set.