There’s nothing easier when it comes to cooking than a crock pot. I love the convenience of being able to throw everything into it, set the temperature and go about my day. Coming home and having dinner ready to plate with no extra fuss is genius. The best part is you can cook just about anything from breakfast to dinner to dessert in it with very little time spent in the kitchen. It’s a great way to meal plan if you don’t have the time to prepare them ahead of time. Chicken always works well when cooked this way. Being able to cook in a liquid, either broth or a sauce, allows it to retain moisture making dry chicken almost impossible. This particular recipe uses chicken thighs and a glaze. It’s not only simple and healthy but can be served with any sort of side dish. Plate with some roasted vegetables for a light meal or on top of gluten-free pasta for a more hearty meal and dinner is served!
Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken
Serves: 4/Cook time: 4 hours
- 1lb organic boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 4 gloves garlic, mined
- ½ c balsamic vinegar
- ½ c organic low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken at the bottom of the crock pot.
- Next, layer in the onions and garlic.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and pour over chicken.
- Set crock pot on high and cook for approximately 4 hours until chicken is cooked through.