I really love breakfast. There isn’t a time I don’t wake up in the morning craving a delicious meal. Though I do love cooking, I sometimes either don’t have the time or the desire to spend a long time making it. Having the ability to prepare a healthy and filling breakfast that will fuel me for my day in little to no time is my way to go. When I need a change from my usual eggs and avocado a quick alternative are these 3 Ingredient Pancakes.
These are similar to my 3 Ingredient Waffles, since using a very limited number of ingredients, however these are paleo for those of you who follow a grain-free diet. I like to top mine with just a drizzle of honey or maple syrup but you can top yours however you like!
3 Ingredient Pancakes
Serves: 1 (about 6 pancakes)/ Prep time: 10 minutes/ Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 large ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- Optional add-ins: ¼ tsp cinnamon, nuts, berries, dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or cooking spray
- In a small-medium sized bowl mash the banana with a fork until most of the clumps are gone.
- Add in the additional eggs and baking soda and mix well to incorporate.
- Fold in any add-ins if using.
- Allow batter to sit for 5 minutes to activate baking powder and to thicken.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a fry pan over medium-low heat (this temp is key because these pancakes will burn easily if cooked too high).
- Measure out 2 tablespoons of batter per pancake and cook until both sides are golden brown (flip once halfway through).
- Plate and serve topped with additional syrup, honey or topping you desire.