I really love breakfast. There isn’t a time I don’t wake up in the morning craving a delicious meal. Though I do love cooking, I sometimes either don’t have the time or the desire to spend a long time making it. Having the ability to prepare a healthy and filling breakfast that will fuel me for my day in little to no time is my way to go. When I need a change from my usual overnight oats or smoothie a quick alternative are these 3 Ingredient Pancakes. These are similar to my 3 Ingredient Waffles, since using a very limited number of ingredients, however these are paleo for those of you who follow a grain-free diet. I like to top mine with my superfood compote (also very easy to make) for some added benefits but you can top yours however you like!
3 Ingredient Pancakes with Blueberry Acai Chia Compote
Serves: 2 (makes 4-5 pancakes total)/Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 ripe banana, mashed (should equal 1 c)
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- Optional add-ins: ¼ tsp cinnamon, nuts, berries, dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1c fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp acai powder
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- In a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, water, lemon and honey and let simmer over medium heat. When the blueberries begin to breakdown, add the acai powder and the chia seeds. Stir frequently and let simmer until sauce thickens. Remove from heat when done.
- In the meantime, combine all of the pancake ingredients in a food processor and pulse to thoroughly mix (if adding nuts or berries fold in by hand).
- Scoop ¼ c of batter per pancake and pour on a greased pan. Cook over medium heat flipping halfway through to brown on both sides.
- Plate pancakes when done and top with compote and any additional fruit or toppings if desired.