With all of these recent chocolate themed recipes I figured I’d better add one that was a chocolate-less dessert as well just for good measure. Not to mention I had some extra raspberries left from my Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes so I thought, why not use them up! With that in mind, I wanted to come up with another Valentine’s Day themed dessert that was different from the rest and figured what could be better to balance out that plateful of amazingness than a blondie. Then add in some raspberries and that right there is a trip to dessert heaven. It’s a pretty basic recipe that I came up with. It’s not only a healthier version than most, but like I’ve mentioned in past recipes, it’s using real ingredients which you probably already have on hand. So with that being said, there’s no reason not to make this yummy treat to share with your Valentine!
Makes: 9 brownies/Bake time: 20 minutes
- 1 c gluten-free all purpose baking flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax seeds + 1 tbsp water)
- 1/3 c coconut oil, melted
- ½ c maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c raspberries, slightly thawed
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 8×8 baking pan with coconut oil.
- Combine the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, mix baking powder and vinegar to activate.
- Combine the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla with the baking powder and mix to thoroughly combine.
- Pour wet mix into dry and stir until no lumps remain.
- Add in the raspberries and fold to combine (okay if they break apart).
- Spread batter evenly in pan and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool before slicing into bars.