I’d like to say I’m the mastermind behind this little dish of “rice” but sadly I can’t take credit. If you simply google “cauliflower rice” you’ll find that it’s been done over and over again in various ways. The fun part about it regardless is that it’s so simple, healthy and pairs well with anything. How much easier can it be? Oh wait, and there’s only one ingredient. So, yes I suppose it can be even easier. Though I do enjoy oats, quinoa and the occasional gluten-free baked good made with brown rice flour I’m all for swapping out the grains and going with this option instead. It’s a light and filling superfood packed with fiber, antioxidants, has shown to provide nutrient support to battle certain cancers, has anti-inflammatory properties, offers digestive support and so on. I mean that right there should be enough to make this little white flowery vegetable a staple. The fun part is that there are so many different ways to incorporate this superfood into a meal, either just steamed with seasoning, made into a pizza crust or the million other possibilities in between. So here I present to you one new way, if you haven’t already googled it, of reaping all of the benefits packed into this yummy veggie. Pair this with my Ginger Beef w/Mushrooms and Kale Stir-fry for a delicious and satisfying dinner!
- 1 large head of cauliflower, washed and chopped removing stem
- olive oil or ghee
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- After preparing cauliflower dry completely with towel.
- Place in a food processor and pulse until consistency looks like rice.
- Add “rice” to a saute pan and add fat of choice and season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Heat on low to warm, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with your favorite meal!